Sunday, August 3, 2014

summer dining al fresco

Yesterday we made dinner over the fire and ate outside!  it was fantastic!  I've made little foil packets of potatoes, onion, peppers, squash, etc. to send with the mister when he goes camping, but I've never had the end product myself!  So yesterday he made a fire and I made some packets and foil wrapped corn.  We pulled out the table and ate right there!  oh, the red corn stayed red when we cooked it over the fire!




But just to get back to showing something other than gardening/food, let me show a few things I've been making for a friend who's wife is having a little girl soon!  I'm so excited to make little girl things! She's due in October, but I had this little dress cut out from ages ago, so I made it with the intent of making a little shirt and leggings or tights to go under it (I always think of these little cross-over dresses as pretty springy).  I used my embroidery machine to do the little bear on the front!  note the rick rack edging - it makes everything cuter! 



And I'm also making her this little quilt.  I started embroidering these blocks ages ago, but never did anything with them, so I finally pulled them together into a quilt.  I love all the shades of orange together!  I'm still working on the quilting part - I'm not very good at it, and I'm already regretting some of my choices, but babies rarely complain!


I also knit her this February Baby sweater - I've always wanted to knit this!  


No comments: