Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Look Molly, I made it!

I got the Molly Makes Crochet book for my birthday and for the first time in my life, I feel like I kind of get what the heck I'm doing when I try to crochet!  it's just like when you first knit and reading the instructions is like reading Greek - crochet is a different language too!  I screwed up my first attempt at this little trivet (they call it a doily, but I'm not crazy about admitting that I just crocheted a doily - so I'll call it a trivet, ok?) because I was crocheting into stitches instead of around them and I realized after I was done why the picture looked so smooth, but mine looked weird and loose and loopy.  I started again and it turned out pretty great, I think!



My favorite part is that little scallop around the edge - i can see myself using that around the edge of a baby blanket or something.  This is the picture from the book - pretty close.  just like with knitting, this really benefitted from a bit of a steam iron to block it out.


Fun!

No comments: