Sunday, July 6, 2014

heartbreak


This weekend our sweet little Olive got killed by a coyote.  


Since moving here she's been able to go outside and it's her favorite place to be.  Even though I can't stop crying, I don't think I'd do anything different if I had it to do over.  She was an entirely different cat outside - rolling around, wanting belly scratches, affectionate - inside she just stalked around growling at the other cats and not wanting to be touched.


She was Borris's mother - though I'm not sure he realized that.  They were just great pals - playing together like kids and following us around together.  I feel awful for him too.  The whole thing is just awful.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs friend! How sad. Unfortunately that is one of the drawbacks of the country life. We had a fox make off with three of our chickens. So sad for your loss.

Catherine said...

Chris, I am so sorry. {{hugs}}