Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back to my mother's cardigan - ugh


There's really nothing terrible about working on this cardigan - I enjoy it when I'm doing it, but I think I've just got it built up in my mind as this monumental wall that I have to cross before I can get to anything else I want to make.  It's not that bad really!  I took it to Memphis which means I had a decent amount of plane time to work on it - time with no distracting tv or beverages or conversations!  I think I made some decent progress.  Well, maybe not decent, but progress.  I've made so many mistakes on this thing.  You'd think I'd never knit before.  It's not like I don't know I'm screwing up - I do!  but it's so hard to go back - there are all these panels of different stitch patterns and once I realize that I fouled something up I just can't bear to frog back through the field of fancy rib, then the cable, then the this, then the that, and so I just keep going and tell myself that no one will notice.  oh, but they will.  Even my mother, who is bound by motherly laws to not notice the flaws, will certainly notice.  but seriously, I think she'll still be proud.  Maybe what keeps me from being as excited as I could be about this is that I'm not incredibly proud of it.  But I will keep plowing on!  I'm bound and determined to get this finished by Christmas.  

No comments: