(yes, I'm aware that the title should actually read "ended quickly" because an adverb modifies a verb, but it just didn't have the same feel, ok?)
I finished the quilt today! But I used my old sewing machine to do it. The new Singer and I are not speaking. In fact, I think the Singer might be moving out, but we aren't sure yet. That damn thing has been nothing but a problem - the tension is totally out of whack and I've done everything I can think of to fix it, but nothing is working. It's under warranty, but that means I have to drive it to Columbus (which I think is the closest place) or I can send it back to JoAnn's for a credit and get another machine. I'm not sure what to do. Anyway, here's the quilt!
It certainly won't win any state fairs (or county fairs, for that matter) but I'm still really happy with it! The final measurements are about 39"x56". It's pretty jacked up in places, like this:
but oh well. it's never going to be on antiques roadshow garnering praise of workmanship. i can live with that. I'm going to wash it now and hope like all getout that none of the fabrics bleed!