Saturday, August 24, 2013

oy!

Well, i peeled and quartered and boiled and stirred apples today and ended up with 12 pints of applesauce.  It doesn't seem like a lot. 


And of course there's the cleanup afterwards and the mopping of the floor because inevitably apple stuff is everywhere!  Originally i peeled and cored the apples because  that seemed easier, but my hand was killing me after paring enough for the first batch so i said forget and and I did the next 2 batches with the skins on and sent them through my Victorio food strainer.  They're a little more chunky and have bits of peel in them still, but it's good.  Not entirely sure which was the better method - the Victorio is kind of a messy process and then you have to clean all the parts. Anyway - i still have this staring me in the face!  :


Just for the record, the apples left in the carrying basket were originally from the bushel basket - i grabbed a few to finish up the last batch but didn't need them all.  Regardless, it's still a bushel of apples left!  oy!  what to do?  what to do?  Maybe I should take them down to the neighbor with horses! 

No comments: