Monday, June 16, 2008

This is not what an FO is supposed to feel like

This is what happens when you wait too long to cast on Endpaper Mitt #2 - and you're kind of stupid:

Not until the final bind off did I bother to set these two mitts side by side.  Plus I did right out in public at my Sunday night knitting group so everyone got to witness the stupidity!  Maaaaan.  Apparently I did NOT use size 3 needles on the first mitt.  Even as I was knitting, I was thinking that this second mitt seemed kinda looser than the first and for some reason I congratulated myself a little on getting more comfortable with the colorwork and therefore not knitting so tight.  duh.  Nooow, what I thought was an FO is really just 50% of two projects, I guess.  I fear that I won't have enough yarn to do two more mitts - even though, as Emily contends, these balls of Panda Silk seem to be endless.  I definitely have more of the orange than the yellow, though it doesn't really seem like the pattern uses terribly more of one than the other.  I'm debating whether I should do one of those flip flop color things, where the main color on mitt #2 is the opposite of mitt #1.  I'm not really too fond of that though.  Maybe I'll just do a second and call that spare one my little punishment.  I could give the second pair away, but I'm sure as hell not buying more yarn to finish a replica of something that I really just wanted to be done with!  suck!  

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Don't feel bad, I was 3/4 of the way done with a sweater front before I realized I had forgotten to switch to larger needles after the ribbing. So, if you're stupid, at least you aren't stupid alone.

nillakitty said...

They're beautiful anyway! Great job on the colorwork. I love the color choice, too! I'm super bummed for you! You aren't alone, by the way- I can't tell you how many things I've done like that... The worst was probably an entire sweater vest that ended up able to fit a circus tent inside.

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson

Anonymous said...

You made a few good points there. I did a search on the topic and hardly got any specific details on other websites, but then happy to be here, seriously, appreciate that.

- Lucas