Monday, February 7, 2011

finally big enough!


It occurred to me that I still wanted to add a solid border to my quilt top so I checked the size by flopping it over the bed again and decided that it really was finished!! I added a 6" solid red border to it and now it's slightly wider than the quilt I have on the bed now. I got a very promising lead on someone who'll quilt it for a fantastic price and I'm pretty much thinking that's the way to go. I was sort of dreading trying to do the quilting on a full sized quilt myself. Smaller ones, like baby size, haven't been too bad, but it seems like a real battle to wrestle something this big. One of these days I'll try it, but I think this one might just get sent away!


2 comments:

Catherine said...

It's gorgeous!

Catherine said...

It's gorgeous!