Sunday, September 2, 2012

Brace yourself

Oh my heavens, this little bear...


This is the other pattern I got from Gingermelon on Etsy.  It was my first time sewing fur - not as terrible as I thought it'd be.  Not easy - I think mostly because of the size - as you can see, he's just a little squirt!  sewing those little arms, then turning and stuffing them, wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but oh the rewards:


The way his arms and legs are attached allows movement so he can sit or stand, which is super!  Maybe sometime I'll enlarge him and make a bigger one as a gift ( I think bigger would be easier - I could stitch  him on the machine instead of by hand) but this guy is never leaving me!  he's mine!



3 comments:

Gingermelon said...

Such a sweet little guy! Would love to see what a bigger version would look like:)

Emily said...

Chris. Cutest thing you've ever made! He's adoarable! Did you use a bit of make up around the eyes or is that the material of the fur showing through?

Emily said...

That was me, by the way, English Emily. :)