Thursday, November 28, 2013

crafty thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving we are staying home - we invited a fried over, and are splurging on homemade Pizza Hut personal pizzas!  When I first found the recipe on Pinterest, I told everyone about it because it was soooo good and I pretty much demanded that they make it!  now, post-heart-attack-thinking me is screaming "oh my god - don't ANYONE make that!  it will kill you!"  haha!  So on the day of splurge eating, we decided that pizza sounded better than the traditional fixin's!

The pizza dough is terrific.  You divide it into 3 parts and let it rise in a cake pan (with some olive oil on the bottom so that when it bakes it's good and crispy!)


Of course the menu is also including roasted chestnuts!


So I spent the morning giving the embroidery machine a workout!  I made this cute pot holder!  I even made that bias trim myself!


And I did this adorable corn!  He'll be a potholder too.  I really don't need more pot holders, but sometimes I can't think of anything else to embroider!


Just the other day I bought a pack of cool patterns for tags.  Then today, all the patterns are 50% off!  of course!  i might get this in a smaller version, because 4"x4" is a little big.  I made the top one with a little batting inside.  It'll be cute to just include with a handmade gift - like tied to it.  If I wanted to attached it to something though, I'd like a smaller version.


Then I made this sachet for my mother - I filled it with lavender and attached a ribbon so she could tie it to the rod in the closet, or just put in in a drawer!  i thought a set of them would be better than just one, so I did another, but haven't put it together yet.  they're so cute!  


Ok, gotta go make a big salad!  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving
and the potholders are way cute!